How To Stay More Awake
It's happened to the best of us. We've been sitting at our desk all day, and we can't help but notice that we are starting to nod off and struggling to stay awake. Nothing seems to work and all we can do is yawn until we can leave. So what can we really do to help us stay more awake even when we want to pass out ? I am going to share with you 5 easy steps to feeling more awake
1. Get moving
I know for some of us who work an office 9-5, getting up and moving may not always be an option. However even if it's to get some water or "go to the bathroom", anything counts ! Walking around or getting up to stretch is a good way to get our brains active again and help increase our focus. For us bloggers and work from home ladies, this is super simple ! Every hour get up and walk around or do a quick exercise. I have a fitbit so it's really hard for me to forget to take this small hourly break.
2. Drink lots of water
Drinking water helps to restart your system. When you drink cold water, you're cleansing and also shocking your system causing you to feel more energised. When you feel more energised you feel more awake. I know I know, you probably don't choose water as your go to drink (bonus points if you do!), so here are some alternatives if you don't like plain water.
- Fruit infused water
- Eat lots of water based fruits
- Flavored water
- Flavored carbonated water
3. Eat healthy snacks
We are all tempted to bring the quickest thing we can eat or find with us. This could be chips, a soup cup, a microwave meal, cookies, etc. However the truth is these snacks are filled with sugars and ingredients that will only give you temporary energy. You want foods that are going to give you sustainable energy like peanut butter bites or a chicken salad. Anything that's low in sugars and higher in carbs and protein.
4. Get proper sleep
This is more of a prevention, but getting the proper amount of sleep is extremely important. Most of is require a full 8 hours of sleep, but we know this is nearly impossible for busy people like ourselves. I recommend getting at least 6 for a good night's sleep. Make sure of the following things for optimal sleep:
- there's little to no light
- There soft to no noise
- You try not to look at your phone at least 30 minutes before bed
- If that's not possible there are apps that take away the blue light in your phone that keeps you awake
5. Listen to music
- Listening to music is a great way to get your mind in the right place. When you're getting tired or feeling sluggish, try putting on some upbeat or inspiring songs. I have a spotify playlist that I listen to when I need to get going. Try doing the same ! It makes the world of a difference. Just make sure it's not something you could also fall asleep to.
- So there you have it ! 5 things you can do to stay more awake throughout the day. If you have any tips feel free to leave them down below in the comments.
- As always, thanks for reading