A lot of the time you see Facebook ads, Instagram ads, and even paid Pinterest ads when you're just scrolling through your feed.
It's somewhat of a misconception that you need to pay for ads in order to increase traffic to a post or product. Of course paying for ads will in fact increase traffic, but it is most definitely NOT a requirement. I currently rake in about 1,000 views every month (And it's only my 4th month blogging) by not paying a single dime.
Here's a not so secret: most of my traffic comes from Pinterest. However that's not all I use to increase my traffic. It comes from quite a few other sources as well, and I'll be listing my top sources of traffic for you today, as well as what I'm doing on each platform.
*This post contains affiliate links*
Pinterest is my main source of blog traffic with over 40% last month, and 60% the month previous. To newbies, Pinterest can seem like a puzzle. You're just sort of pinning things and hoping for results. I've been there. Trust me. However there are a few things you need to do to be successful on Pinterest.
- Join group boards. Pinterest Group boards can give you a ton of exposure. One of my pins is saved to over 150 boards because I posted it to a well known group board. This gets your blog more views because hundreds of eyes see that pin. I have a Productivity and Organization Group Board if you want to check it out. Just click here to get to my Pinterest profile.
- Join Pinterest Facebook groups. I'm in a group called "bloggers unite on pinterest" And it's the best group I've ever been in for pinterest promotion and engagement. Just type that in to Facebook search and they should come up
- Make sure you have a board specifically for just your blog posts. This way people who like your content can read your posts directly instead of hunting for them.
- Not a ton of traffic comes from Facebook groups, but it does help! Like I mentioned above "bloggers unite on pinterest" is a good group to be in. You can also join other groups that allow promotion on certain days or even a bloggers promotion group which they do have out there. My Facebook group had promotion Wednesday's so feel free to request to join.
- This is one of the most genius ways to get more eyes on your posts. It's already on Facebook so people have the ability to instantly share the post, and in a group with a medium amount of people (overly large groups tend to loose posts quick), it's sure to be seen.
Instagram has been a driver of traffic for some time now. I always make sure to use my linktr.ee to my advantage. If you haven't heard of linktr.ee yet, it's a platform that allows you to create somewhat idea basic landing page with all the links you want to share. It then generates a link to the landing page in which you then put that link in your Instagram website section.
I have a link to my blog there along with my other freebies and offers.
Hashtags are also an extremely important part of my Instagram strategy. The instantbossclub membership has over 2,000 hashtags for a wide range of niches. It's worth looking in to.
I always make a weekly post sharing the newest blog post, so people know they can go read it. Unfortunately Instagram's link feature isn't available for all accounts yet which is why I love Snapchat.
While Snapchat isn't a huge driver of traffic yet, but it helps to be able to directly link my posts somewhere. The Snapchat link feature is available to all users. I wish Instagram would get on board. Snapchat for me is more of a personal place for my followers who truly care about the person behind the blog. If you want to be part of my snapchat fam use my Snap code below or click this link.
Social media is the biggest driver of my traffic at over 70%. Others include direct links, searches, etc. However with social media you don't have to spend a dime. That's the beauty of social media marketing, and joining like minded groups. The ability to freely share your posts, and the overwhelming support you can get through your followers is priceless.
Let me know how you drive traffic in the comments !